What do I need?
- Helmet, safety vest, gloves and tools. For a list of these tools, by employer, check out the Employers section of the website.
- Steel-toed CSA approved work boots are mandatory on all worksites as are hard hats/helmets and you may require high visibility safety work apparel. If you are unsure
Who and where do I report to?
If the Business Agent has not specified who you check in with, Check who you report to by going to the “Employers” section of the website. Click on the employer you are going to. This will give you the contact info and tool list as well as parking instructions, and entry instructions. Also, check to see if there is paperwork or certificates you need to bring. If you are unsure Ask!
What is expected of me?
- Be ready to begin working when the shift begins. Lateness, will result in replacement of your position and you will be sent home without pay.
- If you don’t know “ask” never assume.
- Any and all issues must be brought to Head’s attention including medical and personal. If you accept a shift and then bail without notice you will not be called for further shifts.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethics are required.
- If you accept a shift, you are there for the duration unless otherwise notified by the Head. DO NOT LEAVE until you have been released by your head.
- If you are called for work, always ask the dispatcher what tools are required.
- Be Professional……We work hard to provide a safe inclusive professional environment. There will be zero tolerance for lateness, alcohol, drugs, disruptive behaviour, horseplay, sexual harassment, bullying or unbecoming conduct of any kind!
- No photo, video or recording devices allowed during work.
- Keep track of your hours. You are responsible for keeping a log dates, hours, venue, production, position if you wish to be considered for membership.