IATSE HEAD – FirstOntario Centre (Hamilton, Ontario)
DEPARTMENT: IATSE 129.
REPORTS TO: Show Event Manager
CLOSING DATE: Oct 12th, 2018.
The FOC IATSE Head position will report directly to the show Event Manager and will manage all IATSE 129 stagehands show day activities, scheduling and crew logistics in coordination with show production.
- Oversee all sign-in and sign out duties on show day of stagehand staff.
- Ensure all safety elements & PPE of staff are adequate and in line with company policy and regulations.
- Coordinate with Event Manager & production regarding staffing allocation, meal breaks and timings.
- Work closely with the Event Manager and Operation Manager regarding any safety concerns or issues for staff members during events.
- Prepare stagehand hours/estimates and overview with Event Manager in a timely fashion to help prepare for show settlement.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Previous experience of acting as a head for show calls in a unionized environment.
- Knowledge of stagehand roles, duties and responsibilities during show days.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. Preferably Excel.
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to function decisions in a fast paced high pressure environment.
- Exercise discretion and utilize independent decision making during events that best represents FirstOntario Centre and the client
Internal applicants only. Send resume to acorke@Global-spectrum.com. Only applicants receiving an interview will be contacted.